Scientist Trap Antimatter for a Record Breaking 16 Minutes!!
(gizmodo) - Scientists working on the Antihydrogen Laser Physics Apparatus (ALPHA) near Geneva, Switzerland did something no other scientists have done. They stored atoms of antihydrogen for 1000 seconds (~16 minutes) which is 10,000 times longer than they’ve ever done before. By trapping and observing antimatter for that long, scientists can better understand the properties of it.
Read the whole article HERE!!
- shutupandlemmielearn reblogged this from lifesbackwardandforward
- lifesbackwardandforward reblogged this from fuckyeahphysics
- mandy-novy reblogged this from fuckyeahphysics and added:
Holy crap…HOLY CRAP! This is huge. HUGE! It makes me excited to be alive.
- mandy-novy likes this
- timelords-and-teacups likes this
- thelostboysandpeter reblogged this from multivariable-calculus
- madonna-and-sherlock reblogged this from multivariable-calculus
- Show more notes